Momoyoga was built with the independent yoga teacher in mind and strives to be a simple and balanced approach to yoga studio software. It was originally built to facilitate class bookings and payments.
That being said, we know offering pre-recorded materials is increasingly important for yoga teachers since many have moved to teaching online and are looking for ways to create passive income. Therefore, we do have a work around for independent yoga teachers. If you are a big studio, with many teachers, and hundreds of yogis, there is probably a better solution out there. We hope you find this workaround suitable, while our development team works on making this feature more streamline.
Process for offering pre-recorded materials
We will use a "Anatomy Course" in this example.
- Set up a Class Pass or Membership.
"*Pre-recorded* Anatomy Course"
- Set up this course as an online class.
- The date of the online class will be the course release date. For example, on the first day of the month (or week) from 9:00 am – 10:00 am. (You could add the class everyday so your clients didn't have to wait until the release date, but will be more to manage. Check out: How to add a series of classes. )
- Name the class "*Pre-recorded* Anatomy Course"
- Be specific in the class description that this is a pre-recorded class.
- Include the private link/password for this specific course in the Additional Information text box. At this time, Momoyoga has no plans to host videos on its own platform. You will need to host the videos on your website, on Youtube (privately with link/password), Vimeo (privately with link/password), or another video hosting platform. You will just include the link in the Additional Information box in Momoyoga. A yogi will ONLY see this information if the yogi has registered and paid for this class. This will be emailed out 30-minutes before the release date and will be available to view on their Momoyoga schedule permanently. This means they can access it anytime, even when the “release date” has passed.
- Make sure you select the correct class pass ("*Pre-recorded* Anatomy Course") when setting up the class. Check out: How to add a workshop (course) to my schedule
Interested in adding live classes, pre-recorded materials, and online classes/workshops all in one?
Check out this example. Keep in mind, you can customize this however you like.
- Set up a Class Pass >>> Anatomy Course = 5 credits
- Set up a Class >>> Yoga Anatomy Course Pre-Recorded Material = 1 credit (set up as online class utilizing the instructions above.)
- Set up a Class >>> Functional Yoga 3-class series *Studio* = 1 credit/class x 3 classes
- Set up a Class >>> Functional Yoga workshop *Online* = 1 credit (Set up the way you would a standard online class)
- All of the above classes will have the Class Pass >>> Anatomy Course assigned to it
Unfortunately, at the moment, there is no way to direct link to a Class Pass/Memberships page, but you can add a button to your website "Click here to sign up for this course” and use the link for that specific class (instead of the whole schedule).
If you would like to send email communication to your course participants, check out this article on how to Send an email/newsletter/course information to all my yogis.
How are you offering your pre-record courses, meditations, or yoga classes with Momoyoga?
Reach out to us at email@example.com so we can share this knowledge with our other customers! Sharing is caring 🙂